Adult Treatment: Anxiety, Depression, Relationships
Some adults struggle with the cumulative stress of daily life: parenting, relationships, work, anger, aging.
Some adults struggle with childhood issues: abuse / neglect, negative parents.
Some adults struggle with neurologically based challenges: anxiety, depression, ADHD, Asperger’s.
- Health: We will help you understand how sleep, diet and exercise are crucial to feeling your best.
- Testing & Diagnosis: We will assist you in clarifying whether a neurologically based challenge is holding you back. (e.g., ADHD)
- Education: If you have a neurologically based challenge we will teach you about current brain science and effective intervention.
- General: Overall, we are known to be authentic, supportive and direct. We believe in working with you to actively create change in your life. We value the following therapy methods: Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, DBT, CBT, Existential, Family Systems.
- Specific: Some challenges require specific interventions. We provide CBT for Anxiety & Depression.
- Collaboration with other Professionals: We will happily work with ND, MD, OD, and RD practitioners.
Adult therapy takes many different forms. Gender, age and specific challenges tend to determine the direction of personal therapy.
We highly value authenticity. We are honest and direct. We believe in collaboration. We work with clients. We welcome insight from others who have known you: spouse, children, counselors, doctors. We base our therapeutic information on validated treatment approaches such as: Mindfulness Based Stress R education, CBT, Existential, DBT, Family Systems, behavioral, psychodynamic, as well as brain research.
We know you can learn a new way to work through challenges. Research has shown that your brain has a quality called neuroplasticity: anatomical changes occur in the brain whenever people acquire new experiences. Just as a violinist practices to make beautiful music, so too are happiness, sociability, confidence, forgiveness, and grace learned skill sets.
Testing & Diagnosis:
If you would like, we can provide testing to clarify specific concerns you have about your ongoing life challenges. Our therapists are trained to administer and interpret state of the art assessments in cognitive ability (e.g., Intelligence Quotient), learning & achievement, ADHD & Executive Functioning (e.g., D-KEFS), & Autism / Asperger’s. If you would like more information about this service, please visit our Testing & Diagnosis page.
- Anxiety Disorders
- Social Phobia & Social Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Attacks
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Anger Management
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorders
- Major Depression
- Persistent Depressive Disorder
- Career Changes & Stress
- Death / Dying / Grief / Loss
- Marital / Relationship
- Dating & Sexuality
- Personal Growth / Life Coaching
- Long term challenges of childhood Abuse & Neglect